2. License Grant.
3. Ownership. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software includes trade secrets and information that is confidential and proprietary to Tango and you agree to take all necessary actions to protect the confidentiality of such information. All ownership rights in the Software and Services, including any related documentation and any new releases, modifications, and enhancements thereto belong solely to Tango and its licensors, if any, including all intellectual property rights therein. The Software is licensed, not sold. Title does not pass to you. There is no implied license, right or interest granted in any copyright, patent, trade secret, trademark, invention or other intellectual property right. Tango hereby expressly reserves all rights in the Software and all Services which are not expressly granted to you hereunder.
4. Restrictions. You only obtain a license to use the object code version of the Software. You shall not (i) copy, modify, adapt, translate into any language, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Software or any of the Services; (ii) sublicense, sublease, lease, lend, assign, sell, license, distribute, rent, export, re-export or grant other rights in the Software or Service and any attempt by you to take such action shall be void; (iii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or attempt to reconstruct, identify, or discover any source code, underlying ideas, underlying user interface techniques, or algorithms of the Software or any of the Services by any means whatsoever; (iv) remove, obscure or alter any copyright and/or other proprietary notices contained on or in or otherwise connected to the Software or any of the Services; (v) use the Software or any of the Services to create or proliferate a virus or to circumvent any copy protection or other digital rights management mechanism.
5. Additional Restrictions. You further represent that you shall not (i) use the Software or any of the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, (ii) use the Software or any of the Services in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair any of the Services, (iii) transmit worms, viruses or any code of a destructive nature, (iv) display, transmit or share any content consisting of text, sounds, audio, pictures, photos, video and/or any type of materials, information or communications (“Content”) deemed hateful, threatening, pornographic, obscene, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, libelous or defamatory, or any Content that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or bring forth civil liability, (v) attempt to hack, destabilize or adapt Tango’s website, the Software (or its source code) or any of the Services, or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is affiliated with Tango, or (vi) use or access any of the Services by any means other than through the interface provided by Tango.
7. Content. Content transmitted by the use of the Software and Services is entirely the responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You use the Software and Services at your own risk and understand that by using the Software or any of the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, harmful to minors, indecent or otherwise objectionable. Tango does not endorse any Content and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with any and all Content transmitted or displayed using the Software and/or Services. You hereby release and discharge the Tango Parties (as defined below) from any and all claims and demands arising out of or relating to any Content.
9. Third Parties. The Software may be incorporated into, and may incorporate itself, software and other technology owned and controlled by third parties. Any such third party software or technology that is incorporated in the Software falls under the scope of this Agreement.
11. Third Party Fees.For particular Devices, Tango may ask your permission to use your native SMS application to deliver messages or invitations to people who are not registered users of the Services and with whom you choose to communicate. Some of these services may charge additional fees.
13. No Access to Emergency Services. The Software and Services are not intended to support or carry emergency calls to any type of hospitals, law enforcement agencies, medical care unit or any other kind of services that connect a user to emergency services personnel or public safety answering points pursuant to applicable local and or national regulatory requirements (“Emergency Services”). There are important differences between traditional telephone services and the Software and Services. You acknowledge and agree that: (i) Tango is not required to offer access to Emergency Services under any applicable local and/or national rules, regulations or law; (ii) it is your responsibility to purchase, separately from the Software, traditional wireless (cellular) or fixed line telephone services that offer access to Emergency Services, and (iii) Tango is not a replacement for your primary telephone service.
14. Prevention of Unauthorized Use. Tango reserves the right to exercise whatever lawful means it deems necessary to prevent unauthorized use of the Software or Services, including, but not limited to, technological barriers, IP mapping, and directly contacting your wireless (cellular) carrier regarding such unauthorized use.
15. License Grant to Tango. You hereby authorize Tango to collect and use the address books, contact lists, and unique phone identifiers (IMEI, UDID, or other) contained in the Devices to which you have downloaded the Software for purposes of your use of the Services.
17. Payments for Premium Services. The Premium Services may be offered on a subscription basis, per usage basis or as otherwise described at the time of your purchase, and may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described at the time of your purchase. If you purchase any Premium Services, you hereby agree to pay all charges to your account, including applicable taxes, in accordance with billing terms in effect at the time the charges are payable and whether charged by Tango or the online application store from which you downloaded the Software (the “Application Store”). You agree to abide by any relevant terms of service or other legal agreement that governs your use of a given payment processing service and/or method. If you purchase Premium Services on a subscription basis, you acknowledge and agree that this is a recurring payment and payments shall be made by the payment method and payment intervals you have selected, until the subscription for the Premium Services is terminated. You agree that if you purchase Premium Services through an Application Store, all payment related questions, issues, disagreements and/or disputes shall be handled in accordance with the terms of service or other legal agreement that governs your use of a given payment processing service and/or method, and in no event will Tango have any responsibility in connection with any of the foregoing.
18. Refunds. You may request a full refund for any Premium Service purchased from an Application Store if permitted by, and pursuant to the refund rules of, the Application Store.
19. Termination by You. You may terminate your use of the Services at any time by uninstalling and deleting the Software from all of your Devices. If you have subscribed to any Premium Services, you agree that you are solely responsible for directly terminating all payment obligations you may have with any Application Store and/or payment processing service in connection with the Premium Services.
25. No Warranty. The Software and Services are provided to you “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” with no warranties. The Tango Parties hereby disclaim all warranties, terms, or conditions, express or implied, either in fact or by operation of law, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties, terms or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality, correspondence with description, title, non-infringement, and accuracy of information generated. ACCORDINGLY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE TANGO PARTIES (AND IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE SOFTWARE FROM THE APPLE APP STORE, APPLE) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND/OR ANY OF THE SERVICES. YOUR ONLY RIGHT OR REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SOFTWARE AND/OR ANY OF THE SERVICES IS TO IMMEDIATELY UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE AND CEASE USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND ALL SERVICES. You further acknowledge that the Tango Parties (and if you downloaded the Software from the Apple App Store, Apple) have no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services with respect to the Software and/or Services.
26. NO WARRANTIES. THE TANGO PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT DISPLAYED OR TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH ANY OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED. THE TANGO PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF, OR THE RESULTS FROM THE USE OF, THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES.
27. HARM TO YOUR DEVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU TRANSMIT, DISPLAY OR RECEIVE CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR DEVICE AND COMPUTER SYSTEM) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH CONTENT.
29. CLAIMS. YOU AND TANGO AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY OF THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. If you downloaded the Software from the Apple App Store, you further acknowledge that Apple has no responsibility for addressing any claims relating to the Software or Services or your possession and/or use of the Software or Services, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Software or Services fail to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
30. United States Services. Tango makes no representations that the Services are appropriate or available for use in any location outside the United States. Those who access or use the Software and/or Services from other jurisdictions are entirely responsible for compliance with all local laws.
31. BASIS OF THE BARGAIN. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TANGO HAS OFFERED ITS SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AND SET ITS PRICES IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN, THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND TANGO, AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND TANGO. TANGO WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS.
32. Feedback. Any comments, suggestions, or feedback relating to the Software or any of the Services (“Feedback“) submitted to Tango shall become the property of Tango. Tango will have exclusive ownership of all rights to the Feedback. Tango will be entitled to use the Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without any compensation to you or any other person. Tango will not be required to treat any Feedback as confidential. You agree that you do not acquire any right in or to the Software or any of the Services (or any changes, modifications or corrections thereto) by virtue of any Feedback. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material is submitted by you, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
33. Export. The Software and Services may only be operated, exported or re-exported in compliance with all applicable laws and export regulations of the United States and the country in which you obtained them. The Software and Services are specifically subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations; diversion contrary to United States law is prohibited. You may not export, directly or indirectly, the Software, Services or technical data licensed hereunder or the direct product thereof to any country, individual or entity for which the United States Government or any agency thereof, at the time of export, requires an export license or other government approval, without first obtaining such license or approval.
35.1 Notices. Tango may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to terms and conditions, by email, or postings on the Tango website. Notice will be deemed given twenty-four (24) hours after email is sent, unless Tango is notified that the email address is invalid. Notice posted on the Tango website is deemed given ten (10) days following the initial posting. Tango reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our users.
35.3 International Users. The [Software and] Services are hosted in the United States and by using the Software and/or any of the Services, if you are located in the European Union, Asia or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, then you understand and consent to the processing of personal information in the United States.
35.9 Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge that the obligations made hereunder to Tango are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Tango and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that Tango shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief.
35.12 Mobile Alerts and Optout. Tango may use carrier distributed mobile messaging (SMS) to verify ownership of a registered mobile phone number.
Additional Information: To receive information or technical support for a campaign, reply HELP to the last message received or to short code 82646, or call 877-236-6825. Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
Optout: To be removed from any Tango.me mobile messaging program, reply STOP to the last message received or to short code 82646. Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
Carriers supported: ACS, AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Dobson / Cellular One, Cellular One (IL), Cellcom, Cellular South, Centennial Wireless, Cincinnati Bell, Cox Communications, East Kentucky Network, ECIT, GCI, Immix Wireless, MetroPCS, Midwest Wireless, Nex-Tech Wireless, Nextel, nTelos, Revol Wireless, Rural Cellular, Sprint, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular, Thumb Cellular, United Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Virgin, and West Central Cellular.